How do you keep up with all the great things that are happening in the world of Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy? We’ve got the answer. Each week we post our weekly round up, a collection of our favorite book reviews, blog posts, news briefs and more.
Here’s what’s in store for the week of February 17, 2010.
- Vampire Diaries is renewed for a second season!! We love this show over at Wicked Jungle and are psyched that we get to keep seeing those sexy Salvatore brothers.
- BBC America Nabs More ‘Being Human’. If you haven’t hopped over to BBC America to check out Being Human you are missing some good fun. Not as well known as it’s paranormal peers, this show has been a quiet success and was picked up for two more seasons!
- New Release: The New Dead: A Zombie Anthology by Christopher Golden
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole (Immortals After Dark, Book 9)
- Unknown by Rachel Caine. Great review over at thebooksmugglers.com
- Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs by Molly Harper. Great review by @blodeuedd.
- The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan. We love, love, love the Forest of Hands and Teeth. This second book is sure to be as awesome as the first. Check out this teaser on Carrie’s website.
- Tempest’s Legacy by Nicole Peeler. Brief review and great covers. Check out this fun know series.
- The Role of Subplots—blog post on RWA FFP Site. http://ffnp.blogspot.com/2010/02/supporting-role-of-subplots.html
- Five Strategies for Plotting your Novel: http://writeitsideways.com/5-visual-strategies-for-plotting-your-novel-2/ Plotting out a full length novel can be a ton of work. Here are five visual strategies to help ease you through the process.
Contests and Giveaways:
- Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. This book releases February 23. Our friend SciFiGuy has two (2) copies to giveaway to some very lucky readers. Black Magic Sanction is #8 in the series. You can read a Chapter 1 excerpt on Kim’s website.
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. Huge contest with an Arc of Linger, a copy of The Dead Tossed Waves, The Replacement, and The Sister’s Red. YA Fans, this is the contest for you!
- First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost. I’ve loved Jeaniene ever since I picked up her first book and discovered part of it took place in my hometown! I met her in Tulsa at Conestoga and like all our paranormal romance/urban fantasy authors, she is so sweet and lots of fun. Check out this awesome interview with our friend SciFiGuy posted and enter the contest to win her next book.
- Fantasy Dreamer’s Ramblings: Spotlight & Giveaway: Xombies: Apocalypticon by Walter Greatshell
Fantasy Dreamer has a copy of Xombies: Apocalypticon by Walter Greatshell to giveaway to one lucky commentator. Xombies: Apocalypticon is the second book in Walter Greatshell’s horror series, Xombies and releases on February 23, 2010. Open to everyone. Deadline to enter this giveaway is Thursday, February 18th at Midnight CST.
- Lala’s Book Corner Presents: Interview & Giveaway with Author Michele Bardsley
Larissa has interviewed Michele Bardsley and Michelle is giving away a signed copy of her latest Broken Heart novel Come Hell of High Water. Open to everyone. Deadline to enter is Feb. 18.
- A Romantic Heart: My 30 Followers Contest
Stacy in conjunction with Ivy of Book Reader Times is giving away a copy of Inked by Karen Chance, Marjorie M. Liu, Yasmine Galenorn, Eileen Wilks and a book light. Deadline to enter is Feb. 19.
- All Things Urban Fantasy: Interview & Giveaway: Lesley Livingston -Darklight
Abigail has interviewed Leslie Livingston and she is giving away a copy of Leslie’s latest book Darklight. Open to U.S. and Canada. Deadline to enter is Midnight MST on Saturday Feb 20th.
- Anna’s Book Blog: Guest Blog & Giveaway with Terry Spear
Terry Spear is guest blogging at Anna’s place and thanks to Sourcebooks, two copies of Terry’s latest novel Legend of the White Wolf will be given away. Open to U.S. & Canada. Winners will be announced on February 21, 2010.
- Stumbling Over Chaos: Ebook Giveaway: The Guardian by Mary Calmes
Chris is giving away an ebook copy of a new paranormal m/m romance, The Guardian by Mary Calmes. Open worldwide. Deadline to enter is 7 pm CST, Monday, February 22.
- Leontine’s Book Realm: Valentine Guestblog & Giveaway: Mr. Darcy the heartthrob
Enid Wilson is guest blogging at Leontine’s place and she is giving away a copy of her latest novel Really Angelic. Open to everyone. Deadline to enter is February 27th.
- Alternative-Read.com: TEASER TUESDAY + GIVEAWAY: Darklight | Lesley Livingston
Sassy Brit is giving away a copy of the YA Urban Fantasy, Darklight by Lesley Livingston. Open to the US and Canada. Deadline to enter is Monday, March 8th.
- The Book Butterfly: Guest Post with Carrie Jones and Giveway!
Carrie Jones has a guest post up at The Book Butterfly and she is giving away a copy of her YA Urban Fantasy novel Need. Open to the US. Deadline to enter is Monday, March 8th.
Have a tip you want us to include in our next weekly round up? Send an email to Melissa@WickedJungle.com (Subject: Weekly Round Up).
For more videos check out our YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/wickedjungleonline
Check out this awesome YA series, The House of Night, by P.C. and Kristin Cast. For more book trailers visit our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/wickedjungleonline.
When there are sales, we can be downright lethal and today’s clearance sale was no exception. Someone had already been hexed into stone. Myself, I’d just elbowed past a witch with thick cankles and even thicker legs only to have her snatch away the very shoes I’d been eyeing. Read more